Today we're releasing a new version of Team Password Manager, v. 7.109.212, that features linked passwords.
Linked passwords, in short, are references to passwords in other projects. We've created a document that explains them in detail, please take a moment to read it: linked passwords document.
We've also updated the font when showing a password, so that zeroes and capital Os are differentiated. A couple of smaller things and bugs have also made it to this release, please check the v. 7.109.212 change log to review all the changes in this version.
In the upcoming days we'll be updating the language files for this new version (v.9), for languages that are not "en".
As always, we'd like to thank everyone who has contributed by suggesting new features or reporting bugs.
Go download Team Password Manager
Today we're releasing a new version of Team Password Manager, v. 7.103.208, with the following features:
- Maintenance Mode: we've created a mode in which no one can use the software other than for upgrading it. Read about it on the Maintenance Mode document.
- Copy to clipboard: we've done three things related to the copy to clipboard operation:
- Made copy to clipboard compatible with the latest versions of all the major browsers. We've successfully tested it with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11 and Safari.
- Added the copy to clipboard icon in the following fields in lists: access, username and email.
- Larger access field: the previous value for this field was 250 characters. While this length is usually enough some websites create larger URLs and it was not possible to store them. We've increased the access field length to 2000 characters.
- The Base DN and Filter fields in LDAP sync objects are now larger: we've replace them with textarea controls and taken out the 500 characters limit.
- API security: you can now restrict API access to "API only" users. We'll be adding more options in the API security configuration in the future to further control API usage.
We've released a couple of patches for the latest release of Team Password Manager:
- 126.96.36.1991: it corrects an XSS vulnerability when entering disallowed characters.
- 188.8.131.528: it corrects a LDAP sync bug where "Add/update groups and sync members" objects use the same Base DN for members as the one for groups in paged searches.
Please make sure you apply them to your Team Password Manager installation.
Thanks to everyone who contributed.
You have these patches available on the Changelog.
Today we're releasing a new version of Team Password Manager, v. 7.93.204, with some new features:
- Can create projects in root: we've added this option in the user screen for Project Managers or IT users. This option regulates the creation of projects in the root of the projects tree by the user. It defaults to checked for new users, but this default value can be changed with the
PM_IT_CAN_CREATE_PRJS_ROOT parameter in config.php. See PM_IT_CAN_CREATE_PRJS_ROOT.
- External sharing: expiry date and password: from now on you'll be able to specify an expiry date and a password for externally shared passwords. These data are optional:
- Last signed in and Last API request: we've added these two fields (and made them sortable) to the users list:
- LDAP paged searches in LDAP Sync: since this version this is the default way of fetching entries from LDAP servers in Team Password Manager. Please check the LDAP paged searches section in the LDAP sync document for more information.
In addition to these new features, there are a couple of things worth mentioning:
Today we're releasing a new version of Team Password Manager, v. 7.84.198, which main feature is that is compatible with PHP versions 7.1 and newer (and also 5.6+ and 7.0+, but not yet with PHP 7.3). Note that if you have an old version of the Ioncube Loader you might need to update it to install this version. In this case you might get a message saying that the index.php file is corrupted, when in fact it's not (older Inocube Loaders can't read the newest encoded files correctly), just install the newest version of the Ioncube Loader.
We've also updated the LDAP Sync feature by adding a "Members Base DN" in the "Add/update groups and sync members" actions. This allows you to have a different base DN for groups and groups members. If you're using this type of action make sure you edit the corresponding LDAP sync objects after updating.
Today we're releasing a new version of Team Password Manager, v. 7.82.196, that includes two very demanded features: LDAP Sync and LDAP Groups.
We've prepared an extensive document describing them but, in short, you'll be able to automatically create, update and delete users and groups (and group membership) in Team Password Manager in sync with your LDAP/AD server(s). Check out the document: LDAP Sync.
Today we're releasing a new version of Team Password Manager, v. 7.79.190, that enhances the locking feature in passwords.
Up until now, locked passwords could be unlocked by simply entering a reason. In this new version there's a new option in the locking configuration screen called "Requires permission to unlock". With this option checked, when a user wants to unlock the password, a request will made to the password manager who will be able to grant or revoke permission to unlock the password.
Today we're releasing a new version of Team Password Manager, v. 7.78.161, with the following features:
- We've added compatibility for the ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY MySQL mode, turned on by default in MySQL 5.7.
- CGI support: we've adapted TPM to support CGI/FPM opening the door to using other web servers apart from Apache without problems (nginx, IIS, for instance). Check these installation instructions notes for specific cases.
- The number of LDAP servers available is now 9, we've added 6 more.
- We've optimitzed the main log page. This page used some expensive database queries that we've simplified and optimized so that it runs quickly and without problems.
Yesterday we released an update of the Chrome Extension with the following new features:
- Save user password (optionally): will remember the password of the user for the next login.
- Personal passwords.
- Toggle options without having to disconnect.
- Search for a password in popup, open site and fill in username/password.
A note on the update: we've had to add the "tabs" permission for the search feature, so when you update the extension you'll see the permission warning "Read your browsing history".
Go to the Chrome Extension page to learn more about it.
Thanks to everyone who suggested improvements on the extension. Enjoy!
This pasts months we've been busy developing a free Team Password Manager Mobile App for Android Smartphones (we've been busy with other things TPM related too). This is a first version and it's really simple: it allows you to connect to your Team Password Manager installation and do basic operations with projects and passwords.
Here you have a screenshot of how the list of password looks: