Team Password Manager is a web application that is installed on a web/application server and is executed from a browser. These are the exact requirements:
- Environment: for security reasons we advise the execution of Team Password Manager on at least a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a dedicated server. Do not use a shared server. Also, use https (encrypted connection from the browser to the server).
- Operating system: any operating system that can execute the next components. We have tested Team Password Manager on a number of Linux distributions, FreeBSD, Windows systems and OSX (x86).
- Web server: Apache 2 / nginx / IIS
- Database: MySQL 5.x. Better MySQL 5.6+ for maximum performance.
- PHP 5.6+ or newer (PHP 7.0+ supported but 7.1 not yet) with the following PHP extensions or modules:
- Mcrypt library. See .
- GD2 Extension. See . GD2 is only required for generating the QR codes needed to configure two-factor authentication. It's not required to execute Team Password Manager and the installer doesn't check if it's installed. You'll still be able to configure two-factor authentication without QR codes, but it's much easier with them.
- MySQLi extension. See .
- Multibyte string (mbstring) extension. See .
- LDAP support. See . This is only required if you want to use .
- The must be installed and the "sha256" algorithm present.
- The ionCube PHP Loader extension. We provide instructions to install this extension if it’s not already installed.
- On PHP 5.6: if you're using PHP 5.6 make sure the following is set in php.ini:
always_populate_raw_post_data = -1(this setting is not available in PHP 7).
- If you're using FreeBSD: the installation of PHP for FreeBSD considers the following PHP extensions as optional and doesn't install them by default. You should: filter, session, hash and json.
- If you're using Apache with CGI or FPM: set
- If you're using IIS: set
cgi.fix_pathinfo=1in php.ini and allow double escaping.
Use recent versions of the following browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox.
- Internet Explorer (9 and higher with compatibility view turned off).
- Google Chrome.
- Apple Safari.
Cookies must be activated.