To move Team Password Manager to another server just move the database and the files, adjusting the configuration files and email settings. There's no need to execute any process.
Note if you're using LDAP: before doing anything check that you have a user with Admin role that doesn't authenticate using LDAP (and check that you can sign in). If, for any reason, LDAP doesn't work in the new server, you'll be able to login with this Admin user.
Note if you're using SAML: if you're going to access Team Password Manager using a different URL in the new server you'll need to change your Service Provider details in your Identity Provider. Please check the SAML documentation for more information.
Follow these steps:
- First, make sure the new server complies with the requirements to install Team Password Manager.
- Install the Ioncube Loader (for Team Password Manager versions lower than 11) or SourceGuardian Loader (for Team Password Manager version 11+) on the new server. Check step 1 of the Installation to see how to do this.
- Make a backup copy of your current Team Password Manager database. Read How to make a backup of Team Password Manager for more information.
- Create the database on the new server.
- Restore the database backup to the database created in the previous step.
- Move the files from the current server to the new server. Remember to move the uploads folder if it's located in a different location.
- Edit config.php and enter the database values for the new server. If your installation of Team Password Manager is behind a reverse proxy, also check the REVERSE_PROXY parameter. Read Reverse proxy configuration for more information.
- If your application files are outside the webroot, edit folder.php.
- Give the import folder 755 permissions so that Team Password Manager can write in it.
- Give the uploads folder 755 permissions so that Team Password Manager can write in it.
These are the basic steps. To test the installation on the new server, Sign in as an admin user and check that everything is correct.
You should also check the Email configuration in settings because you might have to change them on the new server. Read the email configuration document for more information.