This document describes how you can use Team Password Manager's Chrome Extension to autofill login forms and to save web passwords in your installation of Team Password Manager.
- How to install
- Connect the extension to your installation
- Autofill login forms
- Save web passwords
- Change log
To use the Team Password Manager Chrome extension you need:
- The Chrome Web Browser, a recent version.
- A running installation of Team Password Manager, at least version 6.56.118, and a valid user in this installation.
How to install
Click the following link to install the extension on your Chrome Web Browser. This will open the extension page on the Chrome Web Store, and then click the "Add to Chrome" blue button to install:
Connect the extension to your installation
To be able to use the extension to autofill forms and save passwords you first need to connect it to your installation of Team Password Manager. To do this:
1. Click on the extension icon, on the right hand side of the browser screen, next to the burger icon. The extension icon is gray because the extension is not yet connected:
2. Fill in the URL where your installation of Team Password Manager is located (the part before index.php), your username and password. Optionally, choose to "Use archived passwords" if you want to fetch archived passwords to autofill forms and check "Offer to save web passwords" if you need this feature. Click "Connect" to connect the extension.
3. If everything is ok, the extension will be connected to your Team Password Manager and you'll be able to use it:
You can disconnect whenever you want by clicking on the extension icon (which now it's blue because the extension is connected) and then clicking on the "Disconnect" button. Note that if you quit the browser it will automatically disconnect.
Autofill login forms
To autofill a login form, follow these steps:
1. Go to the page where the form is located. If the extension can find a username/e-mail and a password field, it will place a lock icon inside these fields: a blue lock icon for the username and a blue lock icon with a star for the password. For instance:
Note: unfortunately sometimes the extension is not able to find the username and/or password fields. In these cases the autofill feature cannot be used. We're constantly improving the extension so that in the majority of cases the login fields are found.
2. Click on one of the two fields. A selection window will open and the extension will search for those password entries in your installation of Team Password Manager that match the domain of the page the form is on. In the example, the domain would be "tpmce.com":
3. Choose a password from the list by clicking its name. The extension will fetch it from Team Password Manager and fill in the username and passwords fields with the corresponding values from the password entry:
Save web passwords
Note: to use this feature you must have it enabled in options ("Offer to save web passwords").
To save a web password in Team Password Manager follow these steps:
1. Go to the page where the form is located. As before, if the extension can find a username/e-mail and a password field, it will place a lock icon inside these fields: a blue lock icon for the username and a blue lock icon with a star for the password.
2. Enter the login/email and password information and click the "Submit" (or "Log in", or "Sign in") button:
3. A popup screen will appear. In this popup screen you need to enter the descriptive name of the password entry and select the project you want to save the password in, like so:
4. Click "Save password" and, if there's no error, the password will be saved in Team Password Manager:
1.0.0 Beta - 20160622
First version released to public.