Today we're releasing a new version of Team Password Manager, 11.141.247, that adds support for PHP 8 and some other features:
PHP 8 support
Team Password Manager now supports PHP 8 (8.0 and 8.1). We've had to change many things to support this versions of PHP, but two stand out:
- The minimum version of PHP that we support is now 7.1 (previously 5.6), so v. 11.141.247, can run on PHP 7.1 to 8.1.
- We're now using SourceGuardian instead of ionCube to encode Team Password Manager. This means you'll need to change the loader to use new versions of Team Password Manager. SourceGuardian loaders are installed the same way as ionCube loaders (a file in the extensions folder and a reference to it in php.ini). In any case, instructions are provided in installation/upgrade documents. We've had to make this change because ionCube doesn't still provide the PHP 8 encoder and loaders for all the platforms.
Manager for New Passwords
In previous versions of Team Password Manager, the user who created a password became the main manager of the password.
This can now be configured and you can set up three options for who is going the be the main manager for new passwords:
- The user who creates the password (default).
- The manager of the project of the password.
- A specific user, which you need to select.
More information here: Manager for new passwords (permissions document).
Clear Clipboard Button
We've been requested multiple times to clear the clipboard automatically after several seconds when a copy to clipboard button was used. We've been trying to develop this, but even the newest API (navigator.clipboard.writeText) only worked on Chrome. Safari and Firefox needed user interaction. We tried some hacks around it but they weren't consistent.
So the solution we've finally adopted is the show a "Clear Clipboard" button in the top bar whenever any copy to clipboard button was clicked:
Clicking this button will clear the clipboard.
If you don't want this feature, it can be disabled with the CLEAR_CLIPBOARD parameter in config.php.
Improved password generator
We've improved the entropy of the password generator. In previous version of Team Password Manager, each group of characters included in the generator were selected in turn, reducing the entropy, while now they're selected randomly.
There are other smaller things in this release, please check the v. 11.141.247 change log to review all the changes in this version.
As always, we'd like to thank everyone who has contributed by suggesting new features or reporting bugs.